Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Evelyn Glennie shows how to listen

What struck you?
What struck me was how without the sticks she could play the instrument, and do different sounds wit her hands and invent some to and also add her bracelet noise but what was the most striking thing is that she's death; and she can still add other sounds and make them sound good together and she doesn't need to hear nothing.

What did you notice?
I noticed that you could tell that she's really into music and although she can't hear what she's playing she feels it some how;and what I also noticed was that she could close her eyes and still be on track on what her next note or where ever shes putting her note is going to be. And also I noticed she has an accent which I thought it was nice:) although it sounded funny.

What did you enjoy about her performance?
What I enjoyed about her performance was how she played it, but that she was playing solo with nobody like a partner etc. And also I liked how she was explaining the instruments that if the "marimba" didn't have that space below it wouldn't sound the same or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment