Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sustainability visit

Link to video


1. What struck you about the location you visited? Was it what you expected, or very different? What struck me was that there was a lot more people walking around then I expected, I thought that there were going to be like 6 families and barely people and just grown- ups but there were adults,seniors,and children. I expected it to be more quiet to but it was the opposite there was even music and people asking questions of the different organics there were.
2. Which items were cheaper than you expected? Which were more expensive? Well It would depend like what I saw was that the littler fruits,or vegetables etc. were cheaper but the pound was a lot just for a few, and the bigger kinds of things were not cheap at all,sort of everything was at a high price but some things weren't.
3. Do you think you will start going to a farmers market more often? Or using a community garden? Or supporting a CSA? Well I really don't know because my mom is the one that does the shopping sometimes when I'm not with because I'm at school, And when I do go with her for groceries it mostly at supermarket, Pancho Villa etc. It's really rare when we go to an organic market; just sometimes we do cause my mom works with a lady that sales toughs types of things,And she buys off her.
4. How do these locations fit into our essential questions of “Why Don’t People Live More Sustainably?” and “How Can I Convince them to do So?”
Well It's really up to them because some prefer to not pay a lot for like a piece of celery etc, but some actually really want there kids to be healthy so they try and make more money so there payments well even out and they can buy what they think is better for them and for there loved ones; not just go for the cheapest things because It doesn't last a long time.Like a new pair of shoes obviously your not going to go buy it at the 99 cent store because if you use the common sense there going to tear quickly in a couple of days then if you buy them at a shoe pavilion,DGB etc.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the way you showed a video about the interview and script because almost everyone did the script and I think the video was great. The thing that I kept thinking about was how you thought there would be only like a few people on the farmers market because that's what I thought when I did my visit, but it ended up being like a lot of people there. I think you did a great job answering the questions because you were really specific in your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- I liked how much detail you put in your responses some people put very little in there’s. I was a very interesting person you interviewed.
    2- When you said and I quote “How Can I convince them to do so?” I thought of a person in a debate trying to win over the person and join there group or team that’s beside the point it was interesting how full and fat your answers are.
    3- Did you ask any farmers any questions and if you did what were they it was unclear but you answered the question full and fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how much detail you put into asnwering the questions. The way that you reacted when you found out that there were a lot of people at the farmers market was the same way I felt. What stood out to me was the answer that you gave to the last question. You gave a very descriptive answer that made me see things in a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    I liked how much you wrote for each response and how detailed they were. I think it is nice that you had a video of the interview. I also thought it was gong to be like really quiet and only like older people but I also saw like the opposite of what I thought it was gong to be like. I also don’t know if i could start gong to farmers markets because my mom also does most of the shopping and I dint really have time. I agree with you in the last answer. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. something i liked was that you thought not many people were gonna be there but infact there were even all age groups there. Something that made me think was when you said it was loud because my vist was pretty mellow.

    ReplyDelete